Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions must be accepted by all students and parents/guardians
Section 1 – Fee Payment
- Fees are payable for a full pay period (half termly) regardless of attendance unless explicitly arranged with the Principal.
- Fees must be received before the beginning of a term or a £5 late payment charge is incurred to cover administration costs.
- A student may take one free trial session. If the student decides to join the class they should complete the online enrolment form and pay the registration fee (£15.50) and an invoice will be sent to them for the balance of fees of the term remaining.
- There are no refunds if a student is absent from class. Students are welcome to make up any missed classes at another venue of their choice.
- If a pupil has a long-term illness or injury, fees may be refunded at the Principals discretion. This does not include minor illnesses or holidays taken mid-term.
- On the very rare occasion that a class is cancelled it will be rescheduled (usually during the school holidays). If it is not possible to reschedule, fees will be subtracted from the forthcoming term fees. Again, students are welcome to make up the cancelled classes at another venue of their choice.
- If it is necessary to cancel a class due to adverse weather conditions or if a child cannot attend a class due to their participation in another Rutleigh Norris School of Dance performance/exam/event, class fees will not be refunded.
- If a student is asked to leave a class due to a breach of any of the conditions detailed within this document they will not be refunded.
- The only method of payment is via online payment – an email will be sent with an invoice and a link. Please ensure firstname.lastname@example.org is in your safe senders list.
- Half a term's notice in writing is required for cancellation of classes. Half a term’s fees will be charged if notice is not given.
Section 2 – Uniform, Class Timing and Behaviour Etiquette
- Class uniforms are as described in the document “Uniform Details”. Clean and tidy class uniforms are mandatory after a student’s first half-term of attendance. The uniform and good grooming is part of the School’s discipline and forms an essential part of preparation for class. This includes the wearing of appropriate non-holey footwear. If the student is wearing inappropriate clothing or footwear the student may not be permitted to participate in the class.
- All students must wear their hair neatly tied back for class. A French Plait for Tap and Modern and in Ballet (from Grade 3 and above) girls must have a neat classical ballet bun (hair net and pins) with fringes clipped out of their face. Students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own hair. Students with short hair should wear an “Alice Band” to keep the hair off the face. If necessary, male students must keep their hair out of their face with the aid of an appropriately coloured bandana.
- Jewellery items (including watches) which the teacher feels may cause injury or is inappropriate for the class must be removed.
- Students should aim to arrive 5 minutes before class is due to start. If late, they should enter the studio quietly and apologise to the teacher. This is to ensure that they are then recorded correctly on the register in case of a fire or evacuation.
- Most classes run back to back on the timetable without a break. Students should be dressed and ready to start their class on time, and leave promptly at the end.
- Students are asked to wait quietly outside the studio until their class begins.
- Students and parents/ guardians are expected to demonstrate mutually respectful behaviour to the teaching staff, fellow students and the halls. Dancing is fun and is designed to be enjoyed by all so we ask each and every pupil to abide by this simple philosophy at all times. Poor behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in the student being asked to leave the School. Bullying is not tolerated and should be brought to the Principal’s attention immediately.
- Students are not permitted to chew gum whilst in class.
- Students are responsible for their own property and bring items at their own risk. The Rutleigh Norris School of Dance is not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen items.
- Students are not permitted to use mobile phones during a class. Any mobile phone brought into the class is at the student’s own risk and these must be switched off or on silent. In exceptional circumstances, the student may be able to use their phone at the teacher's discretion.
- Students are not permitted to leave the studio without permission from the teacher.
- Students are not permitted to sit out of a class unless they become unwell or injured during the lesson or written consent from the student’s parent/ guardian is given in advance.
- There is a lost property box at each venue – it is not secure and we are not responsible for any items left. Items of footwear or clothing should be clearly named and we will aim to return the item to you at the next class.
- Food and drink should not be bought into class with the exception of water. Snacks may be eaten in the hall/ corridor/ changing areas and all litter must be thrown away or recycled.
- Children of primary school age and under must be collected from the studio by a parent/ carer or responsible adult. The teacher must be informed if collection is undertaken by persons other than the child’s parent or legal guardian.
Section 3 – Miscellaneous
- All students must complete the online pupil registration form upon joining the school.
- All invoices and other materials will be presented online via email. Parents/ Guardians must provide a valid email address for this purpose and ensure that such email from the Rutleigh Norris School of Dance is not considered SPAM.
- The school timetable may be revised at any time but you will be notified of any changes.
- A certain amount of risk is carried by any physical activity. Students taking part in any of our classes or events run by the Rutleigh Norris School of Dance do so at their own risk.
- Our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy is available on request. Please contact the Principal for more information.
- The School is affiliated with the Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) and the International Dance Teachers Association (IDTA). Entry for any examination is at the discretion of the class teacher and Principal. Students who do not adhere to our examination Terms and Conditions risk being withdrawn from the examination without a refund (Details upon invitation to take an exam).
- To ensure the correct teaching of dance, physical contact may be necessary to guide students into the correct stance etc. We always make these corrections with due care and respect for dignity. Please contact the Principal if you have any queries about this.
- Photographs and videos of students may be taken and used as promotional material on our website and/or social media. Please let us know, in writing, if you prefer your child not be included.